30″H Aluminum Horse Weathervane
Wrought iron-style weathervanes have long been a cost-effective way to beautifully express a concept, display a logo, or simply dress up a structure. Modern-day cast aluminum weathervanes have a textured finish reminiscent of wrought iron. They are an affordable alternative to more expensive hand-sculpted copper weathervanes without losing detail. These pieces provide an exciting accent to your building.
- Full-Bodied includes figure (9.75″L x 8″H); arrow; directionals; matching balls; post; mounting bracket
- Swell-Bodied Small includes figure (10.5″L x 7″H); arrow; directionals; post; mounting bracket
- Swell-Bodied Rooftop includes figure (9″L x 8″H); arrow; directionals; post; mounting bracket
- Choose from a Saddle Bracket for pitched roof mounting, or a Surface Bracket (3 1/4″ diameter) for mounting on a flat-top cupola or other horizontal surface.
- Gold Leaf includes the figure, balls (if applicable), and directional letters covered with 23k gold leaf, burnished for a lifetime shine, and a protective clear coating to gilded sections. Learn more here.
- NOTE: Parts for The Hallmark Collection do not fit any other collection.
Horse Weathervanes have a quality of motion that is inherently charming. Equestrian figures were very popular in the late 1800s because horses were the main mode of transportation, in general, and on working farms. Later they became sporting obsessions. Only the wealthy could play but everyone could be a spectator. Horse racing, polo, dressage, and fox hunting were so popular that the particular horses and their riders became celebrities like sports figures today. These beautifully executed figures are still recognized today as folk art and continue to be cherished as symbols of Americana.