Hand Sculpted Copper Figure complete with ornamental balls, brass directionals, and stainless steel post.
- SIZE Click For Chart.
- 27″L x 18″H figure + 14″H Assembly = 32″H weathervane + 14“H mounting root.
- 36″L x 24″H figure + 18″H Assembly = 46″H weathervane + 18“H mounting root.
- 45″L x 30″H figure + 24″H Assembly = 54″H weathervane + 24“H mounting root.
This design is modeled after the very first weathervane described in ancient text.
The Roman Vitruvius first recorded this information about 25 B. C. Vitruvius’s treatise De Architectura, the only book on architecture to survive from antiquity, contains a description of the weathervane.
…On the several sides of the octagon he (Andronicus) executed relief’s representing the several winds, each facing the point from which it blows; and on top of the tower he set a conical shaped piece of marble and on this a bronze Triton with a rod outstretched in his right hand. It was so contrived as to go around with the wind, always stopping to face the breeze and holding its rod as a pointer directly over the representation of the wind that was blowing.
- Two-tone Verdigris/gold leaf is the standard finish for this figure. Available Finishes.
- 23 karat Gold leaf detail.
- Extra post length is available. Click Here to order separately.
- The design and size of this piece can be customized. Email for a quote.
- This weathervane requires a skilled sculptor. Our Sculpting schedule is generally 4 to 5 months from deposit.
- A deposit only, is required at checkout, the balance will be due on completion.
Aquatic Weathervanes feature sea dwellers whimsically transformed into sky dwellers. Explore Imagery of man’s relationship with our waterlogged world, whether on or in the water, real or imaginary. Grace your marine environment with one of these wonderful amphibious designs or have us custom design and sculpt something unique and special for you.
Each hand sculpted figure comes with your choice of finish and is signed & dated by the artist.