Frigate Ship Weathervane
Hand Sculpted Copper figure complete with ornamental balls, brass directionals, and stainless steel post.
- SIZE Click For Chart.
- 27″L x 19″H figure + 14″H Assembly = 33″H weathervane + 14“H mounting root.
- 36″L x 25″H figure + 18″H Assembly = 43″H weathervane + 18“H mounting root.
- 45″L x 31″H figure + 24″H Assembly = 55″H weathervane + 24″H mounting root.
- Natural copper is the standard finish for this figure. Available Finishes.
- Gold leaf or Tinned sails are available at an additional charge.
- Extra post length is available. Click Here to order separately.
- This piece can be made in other sizes. Email for quote.
- A deposit only, is required at checkout, the balance will be due on completion.
- Humbly, there has always been a waiting list for our hand sculpted weathervanes. Please Contact Us in advance for our current lead time and specify this design in your request.
Boat Weathervanes are spirited subjects intended to move about the winds as gracefully on rooftops as they are on the sea. Historically, ships were of such importance to Americans that when the first colonial weathervanes were made, naturally many of them were of the various sailing vessels of the time. They served as symbols of people’s lives by acting as rooftop trade signs for businesses and representations of pride to those who worked the sea. Today boats of all kinds are more popular than ever depicting nostalgia and hobbies. Choose from one of these individually hand crafted, copper weathervanes or have a custom one created for you.
Each hand sculpted weathervane comes with your choice of finish and is signed & dated by the artist.