Greek Horse Weathervane
Ferro Weathervanes are artistically created by hand-sculpting copper sheets through a unique repousse technique resulting in finely shaped and textured figures not found on other weathervanes. Pure copper, brass, stainless steel, and real gold leaf make my weathervanes completely weatherproof. My work is confidently guaranteed for life. This design is available by commission. Please Click Here if you would like to have one made.
- 27″L x 20″H figure + 14″H Assembly = 34″H weathervane + 14″H mounting root.
- 36″L x 26″H figure + 18″H Assembly = 46″H weathervane + 18″H mounting root.
- 45″L x 32″H figure + 24″H Assembly = 56″H weathervane + 24″H mounting root.
- Comes complete with ornamental balls, brass directionals, and stainless steel post.
- Verdigris is the standard finish for this figure. Available Finishes.
Horse Weathervanes have a quality of motion that is inherently charming. Equestrian figures were very popular in the late 1800s because horses were the main mode of transportation, in general, and on working farms. Later they became sporting obsessions. Only the wealthy could play but everyone could be a spectator. Horse racing, polo, dressage, and fox hunting were so popular that the particular horses and their riders became celebrities like sports figures today. Their likenesses were made into molds. Copper sheets were hammered into the molds and then soldered together to recreate the body. These beautifully executed figures were recognized in the 1960s as folk art and continue to be cherished as symbols of Americana today.
Choose from one of these individually handcrafted, copper weathervanes, or have a custom one created for you.
Each hand-sculpted weathervane comes with your choice of finish and is signed & dated by the artist.