Sitting Frog Weathervane
Ferro Weathervanes are artistically created by hand-sculpting copper sheets through a unique repousse technique resulting in finely shaped and textured figures not found on other weathervanes. Pure copper, brass, stainless steel, and real gold leaf make my weathervanes completely weatherproof. My work is confidently guaranteed for life.
- Click here for SIZE Chart.
- 27″L x 12″H figure + 14″H Assembly = 26″H weathervane + 14“H mounting root
- Verdigris finish with hand-colored, fired glass eyes.
- Comes complete with ornamental balls, brass directionals, and stainless steel post.
- Extra post length is available. Click Here to order separately.
- Click Here to see this weathervane being made in my Projects Section!
Animal Weathervanes littered the American rural skyline in the late nineteenth century. Almost every copper weathervane manufactured in that period was gold leafed. Affluent farmers purchased what was important to them. Their prized livestock and favorite animals to hunt were what they spent their hard-earned money on and they crowned the quintessential barns that dotted the landscape. In today’s small world, animals of every possible species have a fan somewhere and keep weathervane sculptors busy with fun and challenging requests.
Choose from one of these individually handcrafted, copper weathervanes, or have a custom one created for you.
Each hand-sculpted weathervane comes with your choice of finish and is signed & dated by the artist.
There are no reviews yet.