Peace Dove Weathervane
Designed by David Ferro and based on the weathervane George Washington commissioned for his home at Mount Vernon. The original weathervane still exists. See the image above of David Ferro with the actual Mount Vernon Dove.
Hand Sculpted Copper figure complete with ornamental balls, brass directionals, and stainless steel post.
- SIZE Click For Chart.
- 27″L x 24″H figure + 14″H Assembly = 38″H weathervane + 14“H mounting root.
- 36″L x 32″H figure + 18″H Assembly = 50″H weathervane + 18“H mounting root.
- 45″L x 40″H figure + 24″H Assembly = 64″H weathervane + 24“H mounting root.
- Choose from a standard finish (Available Finishes)or the ‘Special Dove’ with two-tone Gold leaf & tinned finish with green swirl glass ball.
- Extra post length is available. Click Here to order separately.
- The design and size of this piece can be customized. Email for a quote.
- A deposit only, is required at checkout, the balance will be due on completion.
- Humbly, there has always been a waiting list for our hand sculpted weathervanes. Please Contact Us in advance for our current lead time and specify this design in your request.
- Hand Crafted in New England, USA.
- Lifetime Warranty.
For 4000 years Bird Weathervanes have portrayed important symbolism. Roosters, eagles, geese, turkeys, owls, and doves have represented the best qualities of ourselves; strength, patriotism, love, wisdom, intelligence, grace, and peace. Find inspiration in one of our striking avian weathervanes or have us custom design and sculpt something unique and special for you.
Each hand sculpted weathervane comes with your choice of finish and is signed & dated by the artist.