- THE MOST COMMON POST SIZE IS – 3/4″ D x 28″ L post with 3/8″ D x 10″ L spindle.
- The Ferro Post & Spindle- is simply the best in the world! Made of high grade corrosion resistant and high strength Stainless Steel. Featuring embedded and welded spindles with bullet shaped bearing tips. They are zero-maintenance and the longest lasting post available.
- Bearing-tip Spindles- Some companies supply their spindles with a sharp-edged flat tip. Experience has shown the sharp edges can cut a weathervanes spindle tube from the inside. Ferro spindle Bearing-tips are precision ground and polished to a bullet shape to avoid this problem as well as reduce bearing surface allowing trouble free, smooth rotating action.
- Perma-pinned or Welded Spindles- The Ferro post and spindle system is innovative. The spindle is embedded a full 1″ or more into the post, then the two are permanently attached together. Not one of these posts has ever come loose!
- 5/16″ spindles are permanently pinned together. 3/8″ spindles are pinned for lighter vanes and welded for heavy vanes. 1/2″ spindles are always welded.
- Extra post length is available. Click Here to order separately.
- Spacers- See how you can easily and inexpensively hide your post and improve its look without painting or any maintenance! Click Here
- Unfinished Posts- Stainless steel’s resistance to rust results from the presence of chromium in the alloy which stays bright silver.
- NEW! Blackened Posts- These posts have been treated to dull and darken the shiny silver stainless alloy to a charcoal colored patina.
- Primed & Painted Posts- Black is the most common color but it can be any color desired. (Specify color in comments box at checkout)
- Please Note – Posts are not a stock item, they are made to order and take at least 2 weeks for production and packing time.
Custom Post Pricing
Posts – 3/4″ = $1.50/inch, 7/8″ = $2/inch, 1″ = $2.50/inch
Spindles – 5/16″ = $.50, 3/8″ = $.75, 1/2″ = $1/inch, 5/8″ = $1.25, Add 1″ to embed in post.
Machining & attaching spindles – 5/16″ = $20, 3/8″ = $30, 1/2″ = $40, 5/8″ = $50
To blacken posts – 18″=$7, 28″=$12, 36″=$18, 48″=$25
To prime & paint posts – 18″=$10, 28″=$20, 36″=$30, 48″=$40
Email with request.