Weathervane History Crossword Puzzle
This exercise is designed to engage the student in researching the History of weathervanes.
Use information from the FerroWeathervanes.com web site, other internet sources and of course, your local
library, to discover the answers. Just click print and enjoy!
1. Paul Revere’s copper nail studded vane is in this form.
2. This culture used quadrant shaped vanes on ships & buildings.
3. Shem Drowne made this weathervane for Faneuil Hall in 1742.
4. Earliest vane of clear record was in this mythological form.
5. Earliest vane in America is on a church in this New York town.
6. A 9th century Pope decreed the use of this farm bird weathervane.
1. George Washington used this bird in the design of his vane.
2. Weathervane used on a 1965 Christmas Postage Stamp.
3. Cushing & White vanes were made in this Massachusetts town.
4. Medieval Europeans used this type of heraldic vane.