Fox Weathervane in Full 3-D
This is a John Garret Thew design made in the original mold set he has passed to Ferro Weathervanes on his retirement. We are proud to continue to offer this great piece is his name. The picture above shows John at 92 in his studio with the last fox he made personally.
- SIZE Click For Chart.
- 12″H x 32″L figure + 14″H Assembly = 26″H weathervane + 14“H mounting root.
- Natural Copper is the standard finish for this figure. Available Finishes.
- Extra post length is available. Click Here to order separately.
- Our schedule is generally 2 to 3 months from deposit for this design.
- A deposit of 1/3 is required at checkout with balance due on completion.
- Allow 2 extra weeks for Gold Leaf Finish.
Animal Weathervanes glittered the American rural skyline in the late nineteenth century. Most every copper weathervane manufactured in that period was gold leafed. Affluent farmers purchased what was important to them. Their prized livestock and favorite animals to hunt were what they spent their hard earned money on and they crowned the quintessential barns that dotted the landscape. In today’s small world, animals of every possible species have a fan somewhere and keep weathervane sculptors busy with fun and challenging requests.
Choose from one of these individually hand crafted, copper weathervanes or have a custom one created for you.
Each hand sculpted weathervane comes with your choice of finish and is signed & dated by the artist.