Ethan Allen Horse Weathervane
Priced complete with figure, ornamental balls, brass directionals, and stainless steel post.
- SIZE Click For Chart.
- 33″L x 19″H figure + 18″H Assembly = 37″H weathervane + 18“H mounting root.
- 33″L x 19″H figure on 45″ Arrow + 24″H Assembly = 43″H weathervane + 24“H mounting root.
- Hand hammered into century old mold..
- Bronze is the standard finish for this figure. Available Finishes.
- Extra post length is available. Click Here to order separately
- A deposit only, is required at checkout, the balance will be due on completion.
- Humbly, there has always been a waiting list for our hand sculpted weathervanes. Please Contact Us in advance for our current lead time and specify this design in your request.
Horse Weathervanes have a quality of motion that is inherently charming. Equestrian figures were very popular in the late 1800s because horses were the main mode for transportation and working farms. Later they became sporting obsessions. Only the wealthy could play but everyone could be a spectator. Horse racing, polo, dressage and fox hunting were so popular that the particular horses and their riders became celebrities like sports figures are today. Their likenesses were made into molds. Copper sheets were hammered into the molds then soldered together to recreate the body. These beautifully executed figures were recognized in the 1960s as folk art and continue to be cherished as symbols of Americana today.
Choose from one of these individually hand crafted, copper weathervanes or have a custom one created for you.
Each hand sculpted weathervane comes with your choice of finish and is signed & dated by the artist.