Dory & Fisherman Weathervane
This is a John Garret Thew design made in the original mold set he has passed to Ferro Weathervanes on his retirement. We are proud to continue to offer this great piece is his name.
Hand crafted copper figure complete with ornamental balls, brass directionals, and stainless steel post.
- SIZE Click For Chart.
- 12″H x 30″L figure + 14″H Assembly = 26″H weathervane + 14“H mounting root.
- Click Here to see this weathervane being made in the Blog Section!
- Notice the cast lead fish in the bow for balance.
- Natural Copper is the standard finish for this figure. Available Finishes.
- Extra post length is available. Click Here to order separately.
- A deposit only, is required at checkout, the balance will be due on completion.
- Humbly, there has always been a waiting list for our hand sculpted weathervanes. Please Contact Us in advance for our current lead time and specify this design in your request.
- Hand Crafted in New England, USA.
- Lifetime Warranty.
Boat Weathervanes are spirited subjects intended to move about the winds as gracefully on rooftops as they are on the sea. Historically, ships were of such importance to Americans that when the first colonial weathervanes were made, naturally many of them were of the various sailing vessels of the time. They served as symbols of people’s lives by acting as rooftop trade signs for businesses and representations of pride to those who worked the sea. Today boats of all kinds are more popular than ever depicting nostalgia and hobbies. Choose from one of these individually hand crafted, copper weathervanes or have a custom one created for you.
Each hand sculpted weathervane comes with your choice of finish and is signed & dated by the artist.