1. Drill a 3/4" hole in top of cupola, and try weathervane post
2. Install a pressure treated 2x4 inside cupola with
a hole bored half way through to seat post.
3. Install post temporarily and utilize to plumb,
then remove for next step.
4. Using a sharp hacksaw and a vice, trim post from
bottom so that it extends no more than 14" above top of cupola. (Not counting
5. Install post using silicon adhesive caulk at seat
and top of cupola.
6. Refer to weathervane assembly instructions to
If you cannot mount your weathervane
using the above method, we have other mounting options available.
Do you need a different size post? (To